Burning candles in the home isn’t safe for some people due to health concerns such as allergies or respiratory problems. However, that doesn’t mean you should give up the benefits and beauty of what candles offer. They can be a lovely way to relax, used to create a certain atmosphere, and even used as a backup resource during a power outage because they’re battery operated.
Many individuals use oxygen tanks in their homes. When someone in your home uses oxygen the use of open flames including those for candles are very dangerous. Smoke and soot from traditional flame candles can aggravate breathing problems such as asthma.
In addition to smoke and soot problems, traditional flame candles pose a serious injury risk to young children and pets. Let’s face it. Kids are curious. If they’re able to reach something, chances are they’ll want to pick it up. Animals, especially cats that hop on furniture are also susceptible to burns from open flame candles.
Flameless candles eliminate all risks associated with candle decor. They’re free from health concerns, flames, smoke, soot and fire hazards. Your decorating possibilities are endless and you’ll enjoy the beauty and versatility of flameless candles.